Fluid and electrolyte depletion due to strenuous exercise and sweat loss during training, racing, competition and transport in all performance horses.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN
• Horses prior to, during and after travel
• Performance horses following sweat loss
• Rehydration after illness or diarrhoea
• ‘Tucked-up’ horses – showing signs of dehydration
Each 60mL dose contains:
Sodium 2.4g Magnesium 176mg
Potassium 1.8g Sulphate 695mg
Chloride 3.8g Glucose 15.6g
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
RECHARGE® concentrate solution can be administered by oral syringe over the back of the tongue, with immediate access to clean, fresh water provided to drink as required. Alternatively, RECHARGE® can be diluted with clean, fresh drinking water as directed. Dosage rates are for 450-500kg horses. Ponies less than 350kg offer half dose volumes.
By oral syringe over tongue Made-up drink in water
(up to 30 minutes duration) 40mL
after exercise 40mL in 2 litres of water
(30-60 minutes duration) 60mL
after exercise 60mL in 3 litres of water
Racing, Jumping, Dressage, Polocrosse, Polo, Stock Work 80mL
after exercise 80mL in 4 litres of water
Heavy Sweat Loss and
Dehydration in all horses, Endurance, Eventing 80mL after exercise 80mL in 4 litres of water
SPECIAL DOSE RATES
• Severely Dehydrated Horses: 6-8 litres of made up solution (40mL RECHARGE/litre water) may be administered by stomach tube as required under the supervision of a veterinary surgeon.
• Endurance Exercise: 60 – 80mL can be administered by oral syringe over the tongue, during a ride or at check points, provided water is available or offered immediately.
• Travelling Horses. Hot weather or long distances: 40 – 60mL over tongue with water provided 30 – 60 minutes before travelling, repeat every 2 – 3 hours during travelling, and again on arrival as required.
• 1L pack: Provides 16 doses for average horse.
• 5L pack: Provides 83 doses for average horse.
Store below 30ºC (Room temperature). Protect from freezing. Replace cap tightly after use.