Harbison Performance HGD
Harbison HGD is a low starch, oat free and high fibre pellet designed to meet the nutritional needs of horses in moderate work, pregnant mares and growing horses.
• Low starch, high fibre composition stabilizes the hindgut digestion.
• Facilitates energy absorption in the large bowel via the volatile fatty acid pathway.
• Minimizes excitability seen in some grain fed horses.
• Contains added trace minerals and fat soluble vitamins.
• Contains added electrolytes to replace sweat loss in working horses and promote fluid intake.
• Great for endurance horses.
• Designed as an ‘all in one’ pellet to simplify good feeding practice economically.
Pregnant Mares feed 2kg to 4kg per day.*
Lactating Mares feed 3kg to 5kg per day.*
Weanlings feed a mixture of 40% HGD, 20% Lucerne Hay/Chaff, 40% Cereal Hay/Chaff by weight.
Growing Horses feed 6gm to 7gm per kilogram of body weight per day.*
Moderate Work feed 3kg to 5kg per day.
* In conjunction with approximately 2% body weight in roughage daily. To slow growth, or reduce body weight, substitute Balancer pellets for part or all of HGD ration, in the ratio of 1 Balancer to 3 HGD by weight.
Millrun, Lupins, Triticale, Lucerne, Bentonite, Limestone, Harbison Electrolyte, DCP, Salt, Molasses, Equivit Vitamin and Mineral Premix.
Protein 13.0 %
Copper 52 mg/kg
Digestible Energy 12 MJ/kg
Zinc 130 mg/kg
Fat 2.5 %
Manganese 150 mg/kg
Fibre 8.5 %
Iodine 0.5 mg/kg
Calcium 0.75 %
Iron 723 mg/kg
Phosphorus 0.5 %
Selenium 0.5 mg/kg
Sodium 1.0 %
Vitamin A 12,245 IU/kg
Chloride 1.0 %
Vitamin D 1,050 IU/kg
Potassium 1.3 %
Vitamin E 129 IU/kg
Magnesium 0.45 %
Added Electrolytes 25 g/kg